(a) Sound (b) Color balance (c) High voltage (d) Remote control (e) None of the above (Ans : d)
2. What is the name of the series of Laptop computers manufactured by IBM called?
(a) LapPad (b) Aptiva (c) Thinkpad (d) Vaio (e) None of these (Ans : d)
3. Which computer has been designed to be as compact as possible?
(a) Micro computer (b) Mini (c) Super computer (d) Mainframe (e) None of these (Ans : a)
4. A device mounted on a communication satellite which receives, amplifies and re-transmits signals from earth station is–
(a) Track (b) Transistor (c) Transponder (d) Terminal (e) None of these (Ans : c)
5. Which of the following offers a combination of the features of RAM and ROM?
(a) Flash Memory (b) DRAM (c) DDR (d) Cache (e) None of these (Ans : a)
6. Which technology is used in a CDROM Drive?
(a) Mechanical (b) Optical (c) Electro mechanical (d) Fiber Optical (e) None of these (Ans : b)
7. What is the part of a database that holds only one type of information?
(a) Field (b) Report (c) Record (d) File (e) None of these (Ans : a)
8. Soft copy of a document has the characteristics that it can be–
(a) touched (b) touched and viewed (c) none (d) viewed only (e) Both (a) and (c) (Ans : d)
9. Data (information) is stored in computer as–
(a) Directories (b) Files (c) Floppies (d) Magnetic disk (e) None of these (Ans : b)
10. The pieces of equipment which are attached to the CPU of a computer and which it can access are called–
(a) output devices (b) peripherals (c) control units (d) hardware (e) None of these (Ans : b)
11. The binary system uses powers of–
(a) 2 (b) 10 (c) 8 (d) 16 (e) 18 (Ans : b)
12. Which of the following is Not a type of motherboard expansion slot?
(a) ISA (b) PCI (c) AGP (d) ATX (e) None of these (Ans : d)
13. The control of the jobs running within a system is–
(a) Job monitoring (b) Job stream (c) Job min (d) Job step (e) None of these (Ans : a)
14. How many digits of the DNIC (Data Network Identification Code) identify the country?
(a) first three (b) first four (c) first five (d) first six (e) first two (Ans : a)
15. A common boundary between two systems is called–
(a) Interdiction (b) Interface (c) Surface (d) All of these (e) None of these (Ans : b)
16. Which of the following enables you to make multiple changes in a document at once?
(a) Find command (b) Replace command (c) Drag and Drop (d) Copy command (e) None of these (Ans : b)
17. A computer program that converts assembly language to machine language is–
(a) Compiler (b) Interpreter (c) Assembler (d) Comparator (e) None of the above (Ans : c)
18. Copying a process from memory to disk to allow space for other processes is Called–
(a) Swapping (b) Deadlock (c) Demand Paging (d) Page Fault (e) None of the above (Ans : a)
19. All the information collected during database development is stored in a–
(a) repository (b) data warehouse (c) RAD (d) CASE (e) None of these (Ans : b)
20. The track on a disk which can be accused without repositioning the R/W heads is–
(a) Surface (b) Cylinder (c) Cluster (d) All of these (e) Circular (Ans : b)
21. Any piece of equipment forming an interface to a data communication system is–
(a) DTE (b) DTA (c) CSA (d) DCA (e) None of these (Ans : b)
22. Which access method is used for obtaining a record from a cassette tape?
(a) Direct (b) Sequential (c) Random (d) All of the above (e) Indirect (Ans : b)
23. Which of the following is NOT a type of computer hard drive?
(a) IDE (b) FDD (c) SCSI (d) EIDE (e) None of these (Ans : b)
24. Pressing and quickly releasing the left button of the mouse is called–
(a) Double Click (b) Right Click (c) Up Click (d) Left Click (e) Both (a) and (b) (Ans : d)
25. Primary memory stores–
(a) Data alone (b) Programs alone (c) Results alone (d) Registers alone (e) All of these (Ans : e)
26. The word FTP stands for–
(a) File Translate Protocol (b) File Transit Protocol (c) File Typing Protocol
(d) File Transfer Protocol (e) None of the above (Ans : a)
27. Which of the following conditions is used to transmit two packets over a medium at the same time?
(a) Contention (b) Collision (c) Synchronous (d) Asynchronous (e) None of the above (Ans : b)
28. IP address means–
(a) Internet Protocol (b) Internal Power (c) Intranet protocol (d) Internal Protocol (e) Both (a) and (b) (Ans : a)
29. Which of the following are commonly found on web pages?
(a) internet (b) hyperlinks (c) intranet (d) all of these (e) None of these (Ans : b)
30. A name applied by Intel corp. to high speed MOS technology is called–
(a) HDLC (b) LAP (c) HMOS (d) SDLC (e) SMOS (Ans : c)